certi-devel

[certi-dev] HLA 1516 - Circular dependency between RTI1516 and FedTime15

From: Ijperen, Jeroen van
Subject: [certi-dev] HLA 1516 - Circular dependency between RTI1516 and FedTime1516?
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 13:14:25 +0200

Hello guys,

I was wondering if any of you could have me analyze the following problem: from
what I've noticed there seems to be a circular dependency in the HLA 1516
specification, between the LogicalTime module, and the actual RTI1516 module.

The LogicalTime module specifies that a federate should contain an
implementation for the LogicalTime interface, which specifies that it should
have certain functions, and can throw certain exceptions. This means it needs
to import things like 'VariableLengthData' and exceptions from the RTI1516
Module.

The RTI1516 module in turn requires LogicalTime objects for certain functions,
making it depend directly on the/an LogicalTime module.

As far as I can see, this cannot be solved except by changing the standardized
header files, which would defeat their purpose.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

Jeroen v. IJperen