certi-devel

Re: [certi-dev] HLA_TestsSuite usage / dtest problems 3

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] HLA_TestsSuite usage / dtest problems 3
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 09:28:04 +0200

2008/6/27 Gotthard,Petr <address@hidden>:
> Eric,
> I think I know where's the problem: the .py test executes e.g.
> test_TRTCCallbacks. This command is executed from the $HOME directory.
> First I had the "command not found" error there. After I've inserted a
> path to HLA_TestsSuite into my $PATH in .bashrc and I got a "RTI
> exception: CouldNotOpenFED []." error.

OK I see.
You need to do
make install
before
make test.

in fact the script suppose the executable (and the fed file) are in your
path when he reach host with SSH.

This is overkill for a "localhost test" but the same script works with
a distributed config.
You may run:

dtest_test_TRTCCallbacks.py --certi_home=/path/to/certi_home
address@hidden:/usr/local/test/rtig
address@hidden:/usr/local/test/test_TRTCCallbacks

> Should I create another environment variable to tell the system where to
> find the .fed files? (Isn't it getting too complicated to setup the test
> environment?)

Yes you are right, I'll try to think about it in order to make it simpler.
It is truely simple if:

You have compiled+install CERTI + test programs with the same install
prefixes on every hosts you want to use for testing.

Big thanks for trying, I'll use your remark to improve the testing process,
but in fact testing distributed application is not "that" simple because
of the multiprocess distributed nature of the task, dtest is trying to ease
that but I admit we are still far away from push button test.

--
Erk