certi-devel

Re: [certi-dev] HLA_TestsSuite usage / dtest problems 3

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] HLA_TestsSuite usage / dtest problems 3
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 08:50:39 +0200

2008/6/26 Gotthard,Petr <address@hidden>:
> Eric,
> small success: this is what makes the ./dtest_create_destroy.py running
>
> 1) the `ssh localhost pwd` must be working fine
> 2) the environment variables must be configured in .bashrc (I've
> observed that the environment variables cannot be configured by a
> manually executed script. Due to the ssh localhost issue, everything
> must be in .bashrc or similar file.)

No you don't need to add envvar to your bashrc,
you "only" need to setup CERTI_HOME on the machine you run the script
or use --certi_home argument of the dtest scripts
(try dtest_test_TRTCCallbacks.py --help)

The dtest scripts should be setting the needed environment
using the CERTI installation provided script.

If you open (for example) dtest_test_Sync you may read:

dtest.ReusableSequences.addConditionalRunShellScript(rtig,c_shell_cmd="source
"+certi_home+"/share/scripts/myCERTI_env.csh "+rtig_param['host'],
                               bourne_shell_cmd="source
"+certi_home+"/share/scripts/myCERTI_env.sh "+rtig_param['host'])

which tries to guess you shell kind (C or bourne one) and launch
appropriate scripts
in order to setup environment.

> 3) and you MUST NOT have a welcome message in your .bashrc ;-) A welcome
> message confuses the SFTP used by dtest and the whole test hangs up.

Ok I did not encounter that one,
this looks like a paramiko bug (the ssh python implemation used by dtest),
already encountered by others:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/paramiko/+bug/239709

I did add a comment.

> However, `make test` still fails for all 3 cases and so fail the other 2
> ./dtest_xxx.py test cases (just create_destroy works). Attached is the
> text output I got.

When running a dtest script like dtest_test_TRTCCallbacks.py
the script produce .in, .err, .out files.

.out contains the output monitored by dtest
in order to perform the dtest and .in contains data sent
by dtest to the monitored program.
(the .err file is Currently void but it may change in the future)

Would you please send here the files:
test_TRTCCallbacks_First.out
test_TRTCCallbacks_First.in

corresponding to dtest_test_TRTCCallbacks.py

--
Erk