certi-devel

Re: [certi-dev] Re: CERTI-Devel Digest, Vol 28, Issue 5

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Re: CERTI-Devel Digest, Vol 28, Issue 5
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 18:47:53 +0200

2008/4/21, Christian Stenzel <address@hidden>:
>  We send this as a single value. The computation of the matrix
>  takes a lot of time, so we would like to compute it in a seperate federate
> and  send the result to subscribing federates.

OK I see.
For such computation MPI seems more appropriate
are porting the code from MPI or do you "usually" have
such high volume data exchange?

If I'm even more curious could you tell me at which frequency
you send the matrix?

>  There are obviously more bytes than 270000 =>
>  300x300=90000[doubles]*8 = 720000[bytes].
>
>  Sry about my mistake.

OK I didn't checked the figure either :=)

>  I tried to set the values to an appropriate size but this ended also in
>  a segmentation violation.
>
>  A segmentation violation within rtig occurs directly after the startup
>  of a federate.

[...]

>  The NetworkError exception: Connection closed by client
>  is thrown when invoking the method SocketUN::receive in SocketUN.cc.
>  nReceived seems to be zero.

This kind of error is often misleading,
the federate usually get this when it's RTIA [more or less silently] died :=)

> > Moreover I firmly convinced that we should get rid of most
> > of the other constant.
> >
> > Patches are welcomed :=)
> > [may be more welcomed after the heterogeneous merge-i
> >
>  I will see what I can do here.
>
>  Thanks for your help

I think we may collaborate for this if you can create
a small "test case" like a HugeUAV_federate which may
be launched  easily like

rtig
HugeUAV_federate -size 100000
HugeUAV_federate
etc...

the HugeUAV_federate will try to exchange a value of size -size
first federate creates federation, other are automatically "subscriber"
if "FederationAlreadyExists".

using this we may investigate the problem easilly and
with a dtest script added we will add this to our "regression test cases" box;

--
Erk