ccrtp-devel

Re: [Ccrtp-devel] A new release GNU ccRTP

From: David Sugar
Subject: Re: [Ccrtp-devel] A new release GNU ccRTP
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 06:45:09 -0400

Ack, yes, the original announcement did not seem to get through to the list...

But yes, we did have a very excellent release in 1.5.0, and we have tested the ccrtp SRTP & ZRTP support in Twinkle, which, starting with the new 0.9 release, also became the first released softphone client to natively support ZRTP.

Also from the original (missing) announcement:

With this release, the GNU RTP stack can now be used to develop secure communications for GNU/Linux hosted applications. The stack may also be used to develop application on various BSD systems including Mac OS/X, on Microsoft Windows, and even for embedded systems. I have tested and built the GNU RTP Stack with Handhelds Open Embedded build environment in the past, and I look forward to the possibility implementing Twinkle based secure calling solutions on Linux kernel powered voip capable cell phones and handheld computers in the future.

Downloads:
http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/commoncpp/commoncpp2-1.5.0.tar.gz
http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/ccrtp/ccrtp-1.5.0.tar.gz
http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/ccrtp/libzrtpcpp-0.9.0.tar.gz
http://www.xs4all.nl/~mfnboer/twinkle/download/twinkle-0.9.tar.gz

Additional Resources:
Phil Zimmermann's zrtp specification;
http://www.infosecwriters.com/text_resources/pdf/Zfone_SSotillo.pdf.

Zfone project; http://www.philzimmermann.com/zfoneproject/index.html.

GNU Telephony Secure Calling;
http://wiki.gnutelephony.org/index.php/Secure_Call.  Twinkle Softphone;
http://www.twinklephone.com/.

Open Embedded;
http://www.handhelds.org/geeklog/index.php.

Werner Dittmann wrote:
All,

maybe David just forgot to announce it to the list:

David just released a new version of GNU ccRTP. The main
enhancements are:

- support of SRTP to encrypt RTP streams (not RTCP yet). The
  new version is 1.5.0
- support of ZRTP as an extension library to ccRTP. libzrtpcpp
  is version 0.9.0

Look at the usual places to some more detailed information. :-)

Regards,
Werner