catalog-devel

[Catalog-devel] catalog 1.03

From: xiaobo li
Subject: [Catalog-devel] catalog 1.03
Date: 06 Apr 2003 14:44:11 +1000

Hi,

Thanks for your software.
I am a postgraduate student of the University of Sydney, Australia, I am
using Catalog(1.03) in my project.
However, while I am running program: /bin/convert_dmoz to parse and load
DMOZ data (my machine is redhat 8.0), I typed in:
./convert_dmoz  --exclude
'/Adult|Arts|Business|World|Regional|Health|Society|News/' --parse
~/odp/ODP/ODP/contentrdf.u8 ~/odp/ODP/ODP/structure.rdf.u8
it was stopped and process was killed, I checked, the program was always
being stopped while meeting non-English characters.
Does this program support non-English characters? because the DMOZ
dataset is UTF-8 format, there are lots of non-English characters, how
can I handle and skip these? is this because I did not run the program
properly?
Your help is highly appreciated.

Yours sincerely,
Xiaobo