2003 Board Elections
Board of Director Nominations due July 5, 2003
In keeping with the organization's by-laws, the Board is required
to propose a slate of candidates who are qualified and who have
agreed to serve if elected. Each Director serves for a three-year
term and members of the Board of Directors are elected by the
Electorate, i.e., CISSPs. CISSPs may nominate themselves or another
CISSP, with that person's agreement.
Qualifications for participation in the Board are:
- must be a CISSP in good standing and current in annual
maintenance fees and recertification CPEs
- must provide a statement of commitment indicating willingness
and ability to serve
- must be willing to participate at a minimum in the following:
- at least 3 weekends per year for in-person Board meetings
- at least 7 Board meeting teleconferences
- Other (ISC)2 activities
and/or projects requiring personal time outside of the
above-referenced meetings and activities
Your statement of commitment should:
- confirm that you have the necessary resources and support for
Board involvement. Such support would include items such as
telephone, fax and email; time during business hours for calls and
teleconferences; travel time, e.g., on the Friday prior to a
weekend Board meeting; etc. These items are normally part of the
support you or your employer would be expected to provide.
- include a maximum 2 paragraph overview of your background/work
experience and a short statement as to what you feel you can
contribute to the organization and/or would like to focus on
during the term of office.
Board candidates should submit their nominations and statement of
commitment, as described above, to Micki Krause, CISSP, Nominating
Committee Chair, via email to address@hidden.
Alternatively, call 949-219-6109 for Micki Krause during PDT
Submissions must be received no later than July 5, 2003.