bubblemon-list

Re: [Bubblemon-list] bubblemon 1.2.7 and 1.2.8 crashing

From: Johan Walles
Subject: Re: [Bubblemon-list] bubblemon 1.2.7 and 1.2.8 crashing
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 14:59:01 +0200

From the FAQ:

"
5. The program crashes.  What should I do?

Either fix it yourself and send a patch to the mailing list
(address@hidden), or send a bug report to the list.  The
bug report should contain the result of changing directory into the
bubblemon directory and doing the following:

$ ./configure
$ make
$ cd src
$ gdb bubblemon-gnome1
(gdb) run
<SEGFAULT>
(gdb) info stack

Note that the build stage is essential, because it puts debug metadata
in the binary.
"

If you do that I'll try to fix it for you.

  Cheers //Johan

Peter R. Thorsen Jr. wrote:
Howdy,

Just wanted to see if anyone else is haveing a problem with bubblemon
1.2.7 and 1.2.8 crashing under Redhat Linux 7.3.

It was working just fine, but this morning I updated a bunch of stuff
via the uptodate program and bubblemon has been crashing ever since.

I currently have 1.2.8 installed the way that it says to on the webpage
where you re-compile the src rpm.

Any ideas or fixes?

Thanks,

Pete