bongo-devel

Re: [bongo-devel] bongo does not display track lengths

From: Mandar Mitra
Subject: Re: [bongo-devel] bongo does not display track lengths
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 13:18:43 +0530

Daniel Brockman wrote (Sun, May 19, 2013 at 04:29:21PM +0200):
> Hi Mandar,
>
> If you're getting the percentage to show, it's strange that the track
> lengths
> would not show up.
>
> Here is where the formatting of the track lines happens:
>
>     https://github.com/dbrock/bongo/blob/master/bongo.el#L2337
>
> You could maybe start by checking what `bongo-length' is there?

Thanks, and sorry for the delayed response. I haven't started debugging
at the code level yet, but have another question.

The track lengths show up occasionally, so this is an intermittent
problem. When the track length does show up, it's only for tracks that
are playing (or have been played), not for all tracks in the playlist.
Is this what should happen? Or should I expect to see the lengths
against all tracks?

I would like the playlist to be in the form used in XMMS: list of tracks
with lengths shown side-by-side. I'll look around in the code and
try to come up with a patch (if it's not already the intended behaviour).

For the present, I managed to modify the modeline to be of the form
<time elapsed> / <duration>, so I get the correct duration for the
currently playing track.

mandar.