bongo-devel

[bongo-devel] Re: bongo-universal-prefix/region/marking-command

From: Daniel Jensen
Subject: [bongo-devel] Re: bongo-universal-prefix/region/marking-command
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 10:51:27 +0200

that has been posted to gmane.emacs.bongo.devel as well.

Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:

[I mess up the thread, sorry.]

>> There is a related problem with the prefix argument version. For
>> example, `3 M-& k' would kill tracks 1, 3 and 5, certainly not the
>> intended result. How should we address this?
>
> I guess one good way would be to first put markers on all
> affected tracks, and then go through those just like we go
> through markings.
>
> If executing the command on one track kills another track,
> then we just don't execute the command on the killed track,
> and if tracks are reordered, we can still do the right thing.

I thought about this, but I don't understand how you would check for the
killed track. The marker will not point to nowhere after a kill, it just
moves to another position. It sounds like a lot of work to fix what is
at worst an obscure bug. Do you agree that we can ignore this for now?

By the way, I found that there is another Bongo around:

    http://www.bongo-project.org/

It looks like a new project.