bongo-devel

Re: [bongo-devel] Re: Marks

From: Daniel Brockman
Subject: Re: [bongo-devel] Re: Marks
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 02:23:14 +0200

address@hidden (Daniel Jensen) writes:

> Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I went ahead and installed some code for this.
>>
>> There are now two commands, `&' and `M-&', --- one which
>> applies the p/r/m convention on tracks _and_ sections (`&'),
>> and one which applies it only to tracks (`M-&').
>
> Nice! The region versions do not work for me, though.
> I have to save the positions before changing point.

Ah, right.  Since the region is defined partly by point, I
can't change point and expect the region to stay the same.

> In `bongo-universal-prefix/region/marking-object-command', like so:
>
>              (let ((marking bongo-marking)
>                    (beg (region-beginning))
>                    (end (region-end)))

I saw no reason to save `(region-beginning)', so I just
saved the end.  Please let me know if I'm missing something.

[...]

> I haven't the time to do more testing right now, things are a
> little chaotic down here.

Thanks.  Good luck in dealing with that stuff!

--
Daniel Brockman <address@hidden>