bongo-devel

[bongo-devel] Re: Bongo marking and selecting random tracks

From: Daniel Jensen
Subject: [bongo-devel] Re: Bongo marking and selecting random tracks
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 16:23:00 +0200

Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:

> If marks are to be used to select the tracks that will be played,
> they lose their normal function, which is to select tracks for
> performing commands on.

I don't see how they lose anything. This is simply another function of
marks. Or rather, it is a function of the random playback mode, it
does not affect anything else.

I admit that it's a bit different from how we use marks otherwise. I'm
not arguing either for or against it. Anthony suggested having an
option for this behaviour, I guess it would be off by default.

> Maybe we could have several different kinds of marks ---
> process marks, play marks, don't play marks, and so on.

I don't think that this is necessary. Actually, I agree with you that
playlists are the preferred way for picking tracks to play.