bongo-devel

[bongo-devel] Re: I want to make `f' and `b' move point

From: Daniel Jensen
Subject: [bongo-devel] Re: I want to make `f' and `b' move point
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 06:45:48 +0100

Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:

> By the way, I think `RET' on a section header really should
> play (or enqueue-play) that section instead of collapsing it.

Even in a playlist buffer?

> Though the undoability of collapsing makes it a good candidate
> for such an easy-to-hit key as `RET', the fact that the same
> key on a track means `play' makes it a poor choice.

Why is it a poor choice? Isn't that what DWIM means?

> What are your preferences regarding this?

RET meaning collapse/expand is usually WIM (for me), though I also use
other keys and the mouse. If you change the DWIM to play the section,
this would also change the meaning of mouse clicks. I wouldn't like
that behaviour for the mouse.