bongo-devel

Re: [bongo-devel] Re: I want to make `f' and `b' move point

From: Daniel Brockman
Subject: Re: [bongo-devel] Re: I want to make `f' and `b' move point
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 15:03:34 +0100

Romain Francoise <address@hidden> writes:

> Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hmm, yes, that could be useful.  But binding it to `l' might
>> be a little dangerous.  What if you hit it by accident?
>
> Good point.
>
>> How do you use the flush command, by the way?
>
> I usually have only one playlist and I almost always clear it
> completely.  But that's probably because I like to play whole
> albums, so I enqueue/flush each album one after the other.
>
> I don't really work with single tracks most of the time.

Okay.  That usage is probably very common.  I also tend to
enqueue and play whole albums at a time.

By the way, I think `RET' on a section header really should
play (or enqueue-play) that section instead of collapsing it.

Though the undoability of collapsing makes it a good candidate
for such an easy-to-hit key as `RET', the fact that the same
key on a track means `play' makes it a poor choice.

I often hit `RET' on an album header with the intention of
playing the whole album.  So `RET' does not DWIM despite
being bound to the command `bongo-dwim'.

But I might be biased because I rarely collapse anything,
so perhaps it should be a user option.

What are your preferences regarding this?

>> We talked about extending the queue commands before this
>> mailing list was created.  Do you remember?
>
> Yes, but that was in the context of intra-playlist
> queuing, I think?

Right.  I'm thinking we might as well implement some
reasonable behavior when using `d' in library buffers,
since there is a close correspondence between playlist
buffers and intra-playlist queues (they are both queues).

--
Daniel Brockman <address@hidden>