bino-list

[Bino-list] mac issue

From: Shantel
Subject: [Bino-list] mac issue
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 23:13:03 +1000

Sorry to ask, but I couldn't find an answer anywhere to my question.
The matter is that I am trying to play 3D movies through my MBA connected to a 3D DLP ready projector. Currently I have two laptops, a MBP late 2008 with a Nvidia GT 9600 card and a Macbook Air mid 2012 with an Intel HD4000. I am using a software to play 3D movies called Bino. Funnily the MBP, despite being much older, plays beautifully the 3D movies using OpenGL (quad buffered stereo) but when I try to do the same with the Air, the OpenGl output option is greyed out.... I assume the problem is that the Intel graphics don't support quad buffered stereo, but not sure I am right on this.
Is there anything I can do to watch 3D on my Macbook Air. Maybe install windows with Bootcamp? I am planning of getting rid of my old MBP but would like to keep watching 3D movies from time to time.

Thanks in advance!