bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] Stereoscopic Video

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] Stereoscopic Video
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 09:59:07 +0200

Hello Brandon!

On Mon, 31 Mar 2014 15:59:41 -0400, Brandon N Greenberg wrote:
> We were asked to build a quadcopter that can stream
> stereoscopic video and output it to a 3D television.  The
> stereoscopic video will be generated from 2 USB webcams spaced a
> fixed distance apart.The television that is provided to us requires a
> checkerboard  input format.

Bino can take two input video streams and display them on your TV in
checkerboard format.

The remaining question is how to get the two streams from the
quadcopter to the computer that is connected to your TV.

My guess is you have some kind computer on the quadcopter that streams
the two input streams to a wireless network. Bino can access
many network stream formats because it uses FFmpeg; see
http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-protocols.html for an overview of supported
protocols.

Regards,
Martin