bino-list

[Bino-list] Qt5 is now the default

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: [Bino-list] Qt5 is now the default
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 20:40:40 +0200

Hi everyone,

thanks to Frédéric Devernay, Bino now works with Qt5.

I made Qt5 the default in the current master branch, with Qt4 only used
as a fallback, but please note that this is still incomplete and maybe
buggy!

In particular, the Q_WS_X11, Q_WS_MAC and Q_WS_WIN macros are gone, and
also QX11Info and other essential things that Bino relies on. If you
know of a way to solve these problems, please send patches.

For now, the code inside '#ifdef Q_WS_*' is simply dead when using Qt5,
which leads to several problems, notably with fullscreen support,
screensaver suspension, and alternating stereo mode.

If nobody finds a way to solve these issues, I will revert back to use
Qt4 by default.

Best regards,
Martin