bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] Request for help: debug subtitle problem on ATI graphics

From: Pedro Silva Pinto
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] Request for help: debug subtitle problem on ATI graphics cards
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 15:20:48 -0000

Hi Martin,

Absolutely no problems playing the vĂ­deo/subtitle on 1.4.2.
Tried it on a i7 laptop with an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570, running Win7
x64. Second try on a i5 laptop with an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3430, running
Win7 x64. Smooth and stable.
If you'll remember, we exchanged a few messages on this subject of subtitles
a few months ago, before 1.3.3 coming out, and although I never spotted a
graphics card brand specific issue then, some of the complaints were
similar. All the problems I had then were corrected.
However, I recommend Damir to try and select the subtitle stream before
starting playback. I do have experienced some erratic behavior if the
subtitles are activated in mid playback. For instance, while playing this
video, selecting the subs made the video jump about 8 seconds forward and
the first subtitles were not displayed.
Selecting the subtitles before hitting that play button, makes a difference.

Regards

Pedro