bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] Bino feature request

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] Bino feature request
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 14:03:41 +0200

On Sat, 20 Oct 2012 20:08:59 +0400, Рикунов Петр Викторович wrote:
> I often watch movies from freeNAS by wifi N, and there is a little
> disappointment – Bino doesn't buffer stream from file, like it does
> VLC player. So I have lags every second on high bitrate movies while
> watching them (In VLC – no lags).
>
> I think it would be great if Bino learn to buffer file while playback
> and the lags will gone.

Can you compile Bino from source? If so, you could try to increase
the number of audio and video packets that Bino buffers by default.

Go to src/media_object.cpp lines 1262-1264 and increase the
packet numbers, for example by a factor of 20.

const size_t video_stream_low_threshold = (_is_device ? 1 : 2);

would become

const size_t video_stream_low_threshold = (_is_device ? 1 : 40);

If that works for you, a future version of Bino could do this by
default if the input is a network stream.

Martin