bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] Problems building bino

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] Problems building bino
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 14:23:51 +0200

Hi Johannes!

On Wed, 13 Jun 2012 14:07:43 +0200, Johannes Zarl wrote:
> Now I looked into the configure script, and there is a test for glew.
> But this check is only done if one doesn't build bino against
> equalizer. Is this an error in the configure script, or am I doing
> something wrong?

I assume you are using Bino version 1.2.1? In this version, Bino
assumed that Equalizer contained its own copy of glew, so that Bino
would not have to link with it when building with Equalizer support.

That behavior has changed: now Bino assumes that Equalizer uses an
external glew library, and that the bino binary needs to be linked to
that same glew library. This corresponds to the default behavior of
Equalizer.

You could try to use the recently released version 1.3.5 of Bino. This
version is now considered stable and will probably be released as 1.4.0
soon.

Martin