bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] Video sync on 2-GPU passive stereo

From: Stefan Eilemann
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] Video sync on 2-GPU passive stereo
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 14:22:54 +0200

Hi Martin,

On 12. Jun 2012, at 7:52, Stefan Eilemann wrote:

>> Maybe this has something to do with config::startFrame() only being
>> called 25 times per second? Can you try with sync-to-vblank disabled?
>
> My current working theory is that it's actually the display setup, since the
> two GPU outputs are not sync'ed and therefore the display may be out-of-sync
> one frame, which is quite noticeable at 25Hz. I'll (hopefully) test today by
> cabling to one GPU.

(facepalm)

Indeed, the reason was the display, not bino. After recabling to use both DVI
outputs of a single card, instead of one output of each card, the stereo output
is synchronized. Running the two cards unsynchronized caused the display to
arbitrarily decide how to sync the two incoming signals back into an active
stereo image. I should have realized this earlier...

Cheers,

Stefan.
--
http://www.eyescale.ch