bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] viewing MPO file

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] viewing MPO file
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 12:35:23 +0200

Hi Pieter!

On Sat, 19 May 2012 12:15:14 +0200, Pieter Eendebak wrote:
> Output of the commands is listed below.

Thank you for this information!

The problem is that your FFmpeg/Libav version does not try the MJPEG
format on MPO files by default, and instead tries to guess what's in
them. In your case, it wrongly detects an MP3 stream.

A workaround is to use the latest FFmpeg version instead, because it
knows that it should read MPO files with the MJPEG format.

But I realize that this is not optimal: you probably want to continue
using the FFmpeg/Libav version that comes with your system, and the
next stable Bino version really should work out of the box on a recent
Ubuntu system.

I'll try to find out if Bino can force FFmpeg to use the MJPEG format
for MPO files somehow. This should fix the problem (and a similar
problem for PNS and JPS files), but it may take a few days since I'm
busy this weekend.

Regards,
Martin