bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] assistance on getting 3d to work

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] assistance on getting 3d to work
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 08:30:15 +0200

Hi!

On Tue, 17 Apr 2012 23:06:19 -0700, address@hidden wrote:
> I'm trying to get 3d to work with downloaded 3d sample files and also
> with 3d encoded blu ray media.
> I'm using Linux and Win 7 on 3d capable displays, and I'm using
> Nvidia active glasses and Real 3d passive. The Nvidia uses a IR
> transponder to control their product, but Bino doesn't seem to see
> the product, at least the active leb never is lit. I've tried
> numerous variations of settings but no apparent change is visible.

Bino does not support NVIDIA 3D Vision on non-Quadro graphics cards at
the moment. With a Quadro graphics card, NVIDIA lets you use "OpenGL
stereo" with the 3D Vision glasses, but they restrict this feature on
their standard graphics cards.

It is possible to make Bino work with 3D Vision on standard cards at
least on Linux via libnvstusb, but this is not yet implemented.

Furthermore, Bino (or any other free software) cannot read BluRay discs
directly because of the restrictions placed on this format. If it is
legal in your jurisdiction to do so, you could first convert the BluRay
video to an unrestricted format, e.g. Matroska (.mkv).

As for "Real 3d" glasses: I don't know what these are; making this
work depends on how your projector / monitor / TV wants the
stereoscopic video to be delivered by Bino. Do you have any information
on that?

Martin