bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] port for android

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] port for android
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 14:26:42 +0200

Hi Albert!

On Wed, 4 Apr 2012 19:53:46 +0800 (CST), Albert wrote:
> Is it feasible to port bino for android? Is there anyone who has done
> or is doing something similar? Any tips will be appreciated!

I'm not aware of anyone who currently works on this, but it should be
possible. The important libraries (Qt, ffmpeg, libass) seem to be
available for Android.

As far as I can see, it would be necessary to
1. Port the OpenGL video pipeline to OpenGL ES. That should not be
too much trouble.
2. Rework the user interface to fit mobile screens and usage.

> By the way, what tools do you use for bino development?

Currently autotools, git, and the libraries FFmpeg, LibASS, Qt, OpenGL,
GLEW, and Equalizer (optional).

Regards,
Martin