bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] HW setup possible?

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] HW setup possible?
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 22:19:17 +0100

Hi Torsten!

On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 21:29:00 +0100, Torsten Mohr wrote:
> before buying a 3D TV i'd like to make sure that i can use it with bino /
> Linux, it would be great if you could give me some hints here.
>
> I have a GTX580 in my Linux PC, i'd like to buy a 3D TV (looking at Samsung
> at
> the moment) and connect it to the PC via HDMI.
>
> Will i then see the TV as an own display of size 1920 x 2205 ?
>
> Is anything that i display in the upper half visible on one eye and things i
> display in the lower half visible on the other eye?
> Or is there more necessary to display 3D content via HDMI on a 3D TV?

I don't have a 3D TV myself, so I cannot make guarantees, but there have
been reports that using Bino with a 3D TV works fine. It depends on
which input modes the TV supports. Possible modes are HDMI frame packing,
above/below, side by side, frame alternating / page flipping,
checkerboard, ...  Do you have more information on this?

Martin