bino-list

[Bino-list] Multichannel output on Mac OS

From: hubert . unger
Subject: [Bino-list] Multichannel output on Mac OS
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 16:29:54 +0100

According to Frédéric Devernay, Multichannel output with Bino for Mac is
currently not possible.

Frédéric was so kind and compiled a version with Apple's OpenAL and sent me the
following message:

"you'll notice that bino compiled with Apple's OpenAL cannot play multichannel
files (trie with big buck bunny).
I can play it on OpenAL-soft Bino with audio output to HDMI (using system
preferences), but I don't know if it's multichannel or a stereo downmix (I only
have 2 speakers).
The other applications you're citing probably employ some other API to play
sound (maybe coreaudio directly, or another API)."

So does the massive restructuring of Bino include a fix for this too?

Hubert