bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] 3D ready DLP projector mode?

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] 3D ready DLP projector mode?
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 06:42:40 +0100

Hi Tim!

On Tue, 06 Mar 2012 22:37:50 +0000, Tim Sampson wrote:
> I'm hoping that Bino will be a free alternative to Stereoscopic
> Player but I can't get it to work with my 3D ready DLP projector.
> Stereoscopic player works with its DLP output setting. Can Bino be
> made to drive such a projector (it's a BenQ MX711).

Your projector wants frame-sequential input, i.e. left/right frame
alternating at 120 Hz.

With Bino, this currently works using the "OpenGL stereo" mode.
However, graphics card manufacturers often restrict support for this
feature to their expensive cards, e.g. NVIDIA Quadro.

Work is underway to support frame-alternating mode with Bino without
depending on OpenGL stereo, but this is not yet finished. I hope to get
this working before the next stable version.

Regards,
Martin