bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] Movie is zoomed and compressed

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] Movie is zoomed and compressed
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 09:30:53 +0100

On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 08:50:17 +0100, Kniggedigge wrote:
> > Am 10.01.2012 um 07:08 schrieb Martin Lambers:
> > On Mon, 9 Jan 2012 23:11:12 +0100, Kniggedigge wrote:
> >> how can i set the correct size for a video to play? Now the video
> >> seems to compressed in the height, so that there are black bars at
> >> the top and the bottom. The window is in fullscreen mode...
> >
> > Maybe the input type is wrong (e.g. top-bottom instead of
> > top-bottom-half)?
> The video size is 3840 x 1080 and its displayed correctly in other
> players like VLC...
> There is no change if I choose Half SBS instead of Full SBS...

Strange. I don't see such problems. Is there something special about
your system / graphics card / display?

> Btw. is it normal that in serveral videos I have to manually adjust
> the parallax troughout the movie?

That depends.

Depth perception through stereopsis in stereoscopic movies depends on
the viewing parameters, i.e. display geometry and viewer position. In
theory a single video file only works as intended in a limited number
of setups, and would have to be adapted for other setups.

Stereocopic video files produced for cinema might not work too well when
viewed with a typical 3D TV setup, and video files produced for 3D TV
might not work too well when viewed e.g. on a netbook.

The crude parallax adjustment in Bino (and other video players) can
sometimes help, but to do it right you would need a 3D transformation
and not just a 2D shift, and for that you need (at a minimum) depth
information for the left and right views - which is unavailable in most
cases.

Martin