bino-list

[Bino-list] Bino Bug Report

From: Kiavash
Subject: [Bino-list] Bino Bug Report
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 22:47:50 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I have installed Bino on Ubuntu 10.04 amd64 using the PPA listed on BINO website. The PC H/W is Dell D630 2GB Ram, 2.8GHz Intel Duo Core with GMA X3100 graphics core.

1st I loaded a MKV file and Bino crashed with this message:

bino: [wrn] FFmpeg: [matroska,webm @ 0x1d5d000] max_analyze_duration reached
bino: [wrn] FFmpeg: [matroska,webm @ 0x1d5d000] Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be inaccurate
bino: [wrn] FFmpeg: [matroska,webm @ 0x1d5d000] max_analyze_duration reached
bino: [wrn] FFmpeg: [matroska,webm @ 0x1d5d000] Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be inaccurate
bino: [err] Caught signal 11 (SIGSEGV). Aborting.
bino: [err] Report bugs to <address@hidden>.
Aborted

I thoght maybe the MKV file has issue, so I tried a normal Xvid file and again it crashed with these messages on the xterm.

bino: [wrn] FFmpeg: [mpeg4 @ 0x277d850] Invalid and inefficient vfw-avi packed B frames detected
bino: [wrn] FFmpeg: [mpeg4 @ 0x277d850] Invalid and inefficient vfw-avi packed B frames detected
bino: [wrn] FFmpeg: [mpeg4 @ 0x276dc00] Invalid and inefficient vfw-avi packed B frames detected
bino: [err] FFmpeg: [ac3 @ 0x2682000] frame CRC mismatch
bino: [err] FFmpeg: [ac3 @ 0x2682000] frame sync error
bino: [err] Caught signal 11 (SIGSEGV). Aborting.
bino: [err] Report bugs to <address@hidden>.
Aborted

To be sure that the files are OK, I loaded on another Ubuntu 10.04 amd64 (the only difference, NVIDIA graphic card and AMD Athlon X2 CPU), and both files played correctly. The [wm] messages showed up, but I figured out that those are not the reason to cause the crash. I can collect more logs if anybody is interested to take a look at this "bug" (just show me how).

Regards,
Kiavash

War is the Enemy of the Poor.