bino-list

[Bino-list] GUI polishing

From: Joe
Subject: [Bino-list] GUI polishing
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 21:46:44 +0200

Hi!

Please see attached patch for loading theme-specific icons - so far only
working on Linux. I would like to add other icons from theme, because I like
when the programs fits into the desktop environment - especially when QT has
good support for adapting look and feel to the desktop.
Would you accept similar more complete patch? Windows and MAC does not support
themes, so there would have to be theme icons delivered with Bino. I would
vote for oxygen theme, because I really like it and for example my favorite
media player Smplayer use oxygen theme on Windows as well. What do you think?

Here is the specification of theme icons:
http://standards.freedesktop.org/icon-naming-spec/icon-naming-spec-latest.html

Also, do you have something against GUI created using QT Designer? I think it
is much easier and more flexible to have GUI in Designer and generate it during
build. Would you accept remake of Bino GUI in QT Designer?

Bye,
Joe.