bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] Release plans

From: Robert Pliszko
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] Release plans
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 23:28:45 +0200

On 13.04.2011 21:34, Martin Lambers wrote:
Hi all!

I'd like to release version 0.9.3 soon.

After that, we can start thinking about a stable 1.0 release. There are
of course still a lot of features missing when compared to other video
players, but I think that Bino now has reached a state where it is
actually doing something useful :)   In your opinion, is there something
that absolutely has to be added before 1.0?

I'm thinking about having an even/odd minor number scheme, i.e.
1.0.x/1.2.x/... for stable release, and 1.1.x/1.3.x/... for development
releases. When releasing 1.0.0, we can start a new stable branch
bino-1.0 that receives only (important) bug fixes, and development can
continue on the master branch. What do you think?

Martin

I have seen mail about 2D to 3D conversion (included patch to vlc based on Pulfrich effect) on this list, but it has disappointed. I think it good idea implement conversion 2D to 3D. I know that the conversion never give excellent result, but it is a feature which doesn't exist in another applications. Think about it :-). The most important is add possibility play BD3D with menu :-) (ssif files). If it included to bino I think the bino will be the best of the best application :-).
I know it is difficult, but it is my suggestion.
In connection to subtitles, I have noticed I couldn't add external files *.txt, *.srt etc. I think it good to add that possibility. BTW subtitles work fine. I have included adjust of font size, color, encoding to settings my xbmc plugin. Thanks a lot! I think I publish new release of xbmc 3D player plugin ASAP.

Robert