bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] Subtitles - Thank-You!!

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] Subtitles - Thank-You!!
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 22:16:34 +0200

Hi!

Thanks again for testing!

On 12/04/11 15:13, Jack Metal wrote:
> Thanks!  Running in a terminal with the debug option gave the following
> when I press play in bino and bino crashes (also the same error in
> .xsession.errors when running via desktop):
>
> bino: [err] Caught signal 11 (SIGSEGV). Aborting.
> bino: [err] Report bugs to <address@hidden
> <mailto:address@hidden>>.
>
> I tested a few different videos (with and without subtitles) and also
> tested the pre-built binary from the repository, but get the same issue
> and error.
>
> The laptops are loaded pretty much the same as the desktops that work
> (Ubuntu, apps, etc.).  The one difference that I've found so far is the
> video cards, the desktops are using nVidia and the laptops are using
> Intel (driver = i915).
>
> I also decided to give it a test in a Windows Virtual Machine to see if
> it might be something OS related, but it crashed there also (it actually
> crashed and closed the entire virtual machine and not just bino).  So it
> must be something to do with the video card or something else it
> definitely doesn't like on these laptops.  LOL
>
> One of the laptops is an HP w/Ubuntu and the other is an Acer w/Ubuntu,
> but both have Intel video.

There have been reports previously about Bino crashing on Ubuntu with
Intel graphics, both with 915 and 965 chips. I'm not sure what this is,
maybe it is a bug in Bino and maybe it is a bug in Ubuntu's OpenGL
driver for Intel chips. I have no machine with Intel graphics, so I
cannot debug this.

Martin