bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] bino & nvidia gt430

From: Alexey Osipov
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] bino & nvidia gt430
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2011 01:13:32 +0700

В Птн, 01/04/2011 в 18:42 +0200, Robert Pliszko пишет:
> On 01.04.2011 16:01, Alexey Osipov wrote:
> >
> > What means "render stream via opengl/cuda"? As I know, ffmpeg can't use
> > CUDA yet.
> >
> > Alexey.
> >

> Hmm... I would like to use GPU's on graphic card (nvidia gt430) instead
> main CPU. I have thought it was using opengl, was I right?

Bino uses OpenGL for making 3D from separated left-view and right-view
images. Decoding of these images is ffmpeg's opportunity, which not uses
GPU. This was discussed recently in "ffmpeg-mt" topic on this list.

Shortly:
Yes, Bino uses GPU (OpenGL) for stereo image rendering.
No, Bino don't use GPU (OpenGL/CUDA/VDPAU/VAAPI/OpenCL) for decoding
video stream. It uses CPU instead.
Yes, it is technically possible to use GPU (VDPAU) to decode video
stream.
No, this wasn't done yet.

> I installed bino from repository
> https://launchpad.net/~lion-simba/+archive/bino-mt, but as I wrote I got
> message "Unrecognized OpenGL version", and the picture was unstable
> (ugly frame delay).
Does other OpenGL applications works fine? glxgears, compiz, 3D games?

> Anyway, I will try recompile bino and I will see what happen, but If
> anybody knows how solve this problem, let me know please.
If recompile helps, tell us.

Best regards,
Alexey.

PS. Next time respond to address@hidden, not to me directly.