bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] green-magenta

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] green-magenta
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 22:00:13 +0100

On 14/02/11 07:25, Alexey Osipov wrote:
>>> Maybe it will be even better, if user could adjust anaglyph filter
>>> colours by himself. Perhaps with some calibration method like already
>>> implemented crosstalk ghost busting.
>>
>> Do you think this is worth the trouble? A user would have to tweak two
>> 3x3 matrices (18 floating point values). This might work to produce an
>> anaglyph from a single stereo image, but for a whole video? Different
>> values would be optimal for each different scene.
>
> 18 values is too many indeed. What about entering 6 values (RGB for left
> eye filter and RGB for right eye filter) and calculating other values
> from there? Perhaps with some predefined other constants.

Do you have a detailed suggestion for such a method?

> Why do you think it will not work for movie? Red-cyan anaglyph matrices
> are constant during all movie, aren't they? Why we can't calculate such
> a matrices but for different user-supplied colours?

It can work, I just think that nobody wants to tweak this for a movie,
since when you finished tweaking it for one scene, it may look bad in
the next scene. The current matrices are intended to be ok for most
video content, but of course constant matrices cannot be perfect for
every scene.

Martin