bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] OpenGl and general bino issues

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] OpenGl and general bino issues
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 21:26:08 +0100

Hi David!

On 31/01/11 17:09, David Corrigan wrote:
> I seem to have trouble viewing videos on any machine whose graphics
> hardware only supports opengl version earlier than opengl 2.1.
> It may be a requirement of the software but havent seen it stated in the
> docs.
> Is it feasible to produce a version with greater backwards compatibility?

Bino requires OpenGL 2.1 + FBOs since 0.7. It is possible to make it
work with older hardware (earlier Bino versions did), but you
essentially have to write a complete second video output pipeline
because of all the differences, and this second pipeline will only have
a subset of the features. I think it's not worth the effort, but if
someone is willing to write and maintain such a pipeline, I can add it.

> Also, when playing files in the GUI, the screen does not refresh
> correctly the first time you press play.
> It can be overcome by playing a secind time, so it's only minor.

I cannot reproduce this problem here. On what platform does this happen?

Martin