bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] PPA for bino with ffmpeg-mt

From: Lion-Simba
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] PPA for bino with ffmpeg-mt
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 23:07:50 +0600

Hi Martin!

В Втр, 30/11/2010 в 21:57 +0100, Martin Lambers пишет:
> Hi Alexey!

> I now added a patch that always sets the number of threads to the number
> of processors on the system:
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/bino.git/commit/?id=4e87aef9d7840d2b387e7efd932908a33057bd84

That's good. :)

> Is there some restriction on the number of threads, for example should
> it always be a power of two?
I can't see anything bad with this approach. BTW, limit of 64 maximum
threads is absolutely random, maybe it should be smaller or bigger, or
no limit at all.

> Do you see other potential problems with
> this approach?
No, I don't.

I've made patch, which add -b (--benchmark) command line option. In
benchmark mode bino doesn't play audio and don't use any timesync for
video, playing video as fast as possible. Each 250 frames it show
current FPS value.

Then, I build two versions of bino with this patch: one on vanilla
ffmpeg, and one on ffmpeg-mt.

The results of benchmarking are included.

Regards,
Alexey.