Another possibility is to hold down Alt and drag the window. This has
the same effect as dragging the title bar, but can be done by clicking
in any part of the window.
It's possible this has been set to a different key combination on your
system, but on a stock Balsa system it's Alt-Button1.
On 2011-02-01 04:35, Paul-Jennifer_Schaefer wrote:
Alexander Vinokurov's solution below:
------ Original Message --------
I found out how to restore the position. Open in any text editor the following file:
~/.bibledit/configuration/configuration.1.xml (here the tilde stands for your home directory; you can type the name of your text editor and then that path. For example, in Ubuntu with its 'gedit' text editor it will be like this:
Then search for (in gedit you press CTR+F) the line 'window-y-positions' (without quotes and make sure the 'positions' is plural because there is another instance of 'window-y-position' which does something different). You will get something like this:
Change the middle value into '0' (zero) and save the file. If your text editor can show line numbers it should be the line 101. At least it is so in my case. Here I put '-17' but you may have another value. But minus means that the titlebar is too high and perhaps hidden. If you have positive value it means that the bar is too low. So zero is just on.
I assume that Bibledit is off when doing that.
On 2/1/2011 11:31 AM, Kim Blewett wrote:
I did this too on Bibledit, a year ago; I'm trying to remember what I
did to solve it. It still is a problem in BE-GTK v 4.1; I've just got
myself into the same bind.
Here's one suggestion: Copy your hidden project to a new project (File
- Project - Copy to). Then you can delete the original, hidden project.
I agree that this is a problem that needs a solution! I'm copying the
bibledit newsgroup on this message; any other ideas out there?
On 01/02/11 20:35, Paul-Jennifer_Schaefer wrote:
Lucid on EEEpc, Balsa is good but working
under Linux has a lot of hidden challenges because it is so different
from Windows (in the nuts-and-bolts). My main problem at present is
that I have moved the subwindow in Bibledit (the one where you type in
scripture) so that its title bar is hidden underneath the general
toolbar of Bibledit, and there appears to be no way to get the title
bar back down. Since the subwindow also moved to the left when this
happened, I cannot see the first several cm of text on each line. Thus
I am effectively prevented from using Bibledit at all.
(Someone who also uses Bibledit though not BALSA has given me a
technical solution which involves editing some kind of control file.
I'm sure I can follow the directions, but this would not be a
reasonable option for the target BALSA user.)