bibledit-general

[be] bibledit-gtk 4.1 on FreeBSD

From: John Marshall
Subject: [be] bibledit-gtk 4.1 on FreeBSD
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 01:10:23 +1000

I have downloaded the bibledit-gtk 4.1 release tar ball from Savannah
and installed it on FreeBSD 8.1.  I built a FreeBSD port/package for it
(i386 only) as part of the exercise.  It builds and launches cleanly but
I cannot see how to get started.  When I select Help, bibledit-gtk tells
me I don't have a browser installed:

  The help cannot be displayed, because there is no suitable browser
  installed.  Install one of the following supported browsers:

  htmlview
  google-chrome
  firefox
  mozilla
  galeon
  konqueror
  epiphany
  opera
  open

I do have firefox 3.5.13 installed but I can't find anywhere in
bibledit-gtk to point it at firefox.  How do I tell bibledit-gtk to use
firefox?

Thank you.

--
John Marshall