bbdb-user

Re: Suggesting `frame-split-biggest-window' Re: customize location and s

From: N. Jackson
Subject: Re: Suggesting `frame-split-biggest-window' Re: customize location and shape of a new window in a frame
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2018 17:11:44 -0400

Hello Eric,

Replying on the BBDB mailing list as this seems to be a BBDB bug (or
feature?).

At 09:38 -0700 on Thursday 2018-09-13, Eric Abrahamsen wrote:

> I haven't used BBDB for a while, but I could have sworn there was
> someplace where you can put a predicate callable that could return the
> window to split. I think it was the HORIZ-P argument to
> `bbdb-pop-up-window' that can be a function (it should return t when it
> is called with the article window as an argument), but now I don't
> remember how the HORIZ-P predicate gets passed in.

Yes, looking at bbdb.el, there is a `horiz-p' argument to
`bbdb-pop-up-window' which it gets passed from
`bbdb-display-records', but the latter function never sets it but
merely passes it through from it's argument list. And it does not
seem to ever be set in any call to `bbdb-display-records'.

So maybe `horiz-p' is a solution, but it will not work in current
BBDB. (Looking at BBDB 3.2 from GNU Elpa).

N.

--
Neil L. Jackson
address@hidden