bbdb-user

Re: bbdb fails with rmail on emacs 25 due to depreciated function rmail-

From: Roland Winkler
Subject: Re: bbdb fails with rmail on emacs 25 due to depreciated function rmail-narrow-to-non-pruned-header
Date: Thu, 3 May 2018 09:53:30 -0500

On Thu May 3 2018 address@hidden wrote:
> Thank you very much, your commit seem to work just fine!

Great, thanks for the feedback.

> For some reason I could not make git version under cygwin. Here is my
> error on 'make' step:

I am sorry, this is something I do not know anything about.

> Any chance new bbdb appearing on ELPA/MELPA any time soon?

What are you looking for?  Though my time is limited, BBDB
development continues and you always find the latest code in the
BBDB repository on savannah (which gets uploaded to MELPA).

Intentionally, GNU ELPA is slightly lacking behind (except for bug
fixes like the above).  The idea is that the code on GNU ELPA should
always have gone through some testing before it becomes available on
GNU ELPA so that this code is hopefully stable for normal users.
The code on savannah / MELPA is for adventorous users that may run
into bugs more often.  (I appreciate if people are willing to use
this code, though these people should be prepared for unexpected
surprises, in particular by making back-ups of their BBDB database.)