bbdb-user

Re: error when entering a gnus group

From: Roland Winkler
Subject: Re: error when entering a gnus group
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2018 16:18:22 -0600

On Fri Feb 9 2018 Sam Steingold wrote:
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Error in syntax_table logic for
> to-the-end intervals")
>   looking-at("\\b[[:alpha:]]\\([. ]\\|\\b\\)")
>   mail-extr-voodoo(8 15 #<buffer  *canonical address*>)
>   mail-extract-address-components(#("\"冯书\" <address@hidden>" 1 3 (charset
> gb18030-2-byte)))
>   bbdb-extract-address-components(#("\"冯书\" <address@hidden>" 1 3 (charset
> gb18030-2-byte)))

I am not sure this is a bug in BBDB.  It seems you are calling
bbdb-extract-address-components with a valid argument.  Then all
this function does is passing on this argument to
mail-extract-address-components.  As the function name
mail-extr-voodoo suggests, there is some voodoo happening along the
way.  (Look at the code!)  It seems to me you should report your
problem as a bug in Emacs.