bbdb-user

Re: Moving BBDB to Emacs core

From: Basil L. Contovounesios
Subject: Re: Moving BBDB to Emacs core
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 22:11:52 +0100

> Are there other [nuisances]?

FWIW, from a user's point of view, which I am sure is quite
divorced from that of a package maintainer/integrator, all
nuisances I have come across boil down to other packages,
e.g. EUDC, not having kept up with newer BBDB developments
and API changes.

For example, in order for eudc-query-form to work with
BBDBv3, I have to define several compatibility shims for
obsolete BBDB attributes.

> it will be nice to have at least the core of BBDB in Emacs itself

+1, as this will more than likely help improve the
aforementioned compatibility situation.

--
Basil