bbdb-user

Issue with "Duplicate BBDB record encountered"

From: Renato Ferreira
Subject: Issue with "Duplicate BBDB record encountered"
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 14:26:50 -0200

Hello,

After migrating to bbdb format v9 with the last package update from melpa
(bbdb-20171011.1939) i am getting a "Duplicate BBDB record encountered"
format every record on my bbdb file. Using (bbdb-search-duplicates)
returns an empty list.

Although i'm not familiar with the package code i debugged through the
issue and it seems to me that this occurs in (bbdb-parse-records) which
calls (bbdb-hash-record record) before checking for a duplicate with
(bbdb-gethash name '(fl-name aka)), which returns true because the hash
is already there, oposed to the older version which hashed the record
after checking for duplicates.

--
Att.,
Renato Ferreira