bayonne-devel

[Bayonne-devel] CentOS, drivers, Voicetronix, synway, sangoma, and some

From: David Sugar
Subject: [Bayonne-devel] CentOS, drivers, Voicetronix, synway, sangoma, and some thoughts
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 19:14:57 -0500

I have been looking to simplify what distro's I would use for baseline
packages for Bayonne for awhile.  With the sip driver, it is easy, because
pretty much any distro can compile and run that :).  Those drivers that
require hardware impose various limitations.

I am thinking of standardizing prebuilt packages on centos-2.1 for
Intel/Dialogic support exclusivly, and centos-4.2 for everything else.
The voicetronix drivers should build on centos-4 (I already imagine
there will be issues with centos-5 and gcc 4 related to compiling kernel
modules).  The synway sdk seems also to be pre-built for centos-4 (gcc
3.4).  I am curious if anyone has built or tried the new libsangoma
stuff and Sangoma cards on centos-4 (or the somewhat related fc3) as well.