bayonne-devel

Re: [Bayonne-devel] GNU/Bayonne performance question

From: Dmitry Agafonov
Subject: Re: [Bayonne-devel] GNU/Bayonne performance question
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 12:39:50 +0300

David Sugar wrote:
I recall Mark did a lot of this with an Australian carrier, up to in effect T3 voice channel capacity, using Dialogic hardware. Technically, we cut the map of port states off at 1000 ports max, and I believe Mark tested up to 960 ports concurrent. I also recall we did some individual span tests to measure call completions per second last year at the request of a commercial user, but I do not recall the statistics we got from them offhand.

I believe we do have problems with hardware timeouts for ISDN call processing circle while connecting single E1 dialogic board having 15-20 concurrent call requests per second.

Signaling problems also was turned out while 28-30 trunks are occupied for a number of minutes (in non-idle state, i.e. playing or such).

May be we need to increase queue length as mentioned by Julien Chavanton?

Michel Stam wrote:

Hello all,

I was wondering; has anyone tried load-testing a version of GNU/Bayonne in combination with Dialogic boards?

If so, what is the limit of simultaneous calls and amounts of call setup per second GNU/Bayonne is capable of handling?

Is there a figure, like the increase in system load average per number of active lines?

Thanks!

Cheers,

Michel Stam