baby-devel

[baby-devel] nonproliferation bath

From: Ethel Mcfarland
Subject: [baby-devel] nonproliferation bath
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 20:39:11 +0300

And the other one will do nicely for a guest-room. A thin, sewed-up mouth like UncleWilliam?
Jane knew he was looking her over anddidnt mind. That he could buy all this loveliness for four hundreddollars was enough luck.
She never spoke of himor thought of him as he again. To you, Jane, I willconfide my dearest dream.
Ive been living atBrookview this past year.
Jane didnt believe she would sleep that night. There are people who areborn knowing things.
The face was as familiar to her as her own.
But, though she felt thatsomething had taken her life and torn it apart, she did not cry.
She was trembling withdelight as she stepped over the threshold.
You couldsee the gulf from the kitchen window.
How could one goto sleep with so many wonderful things to think of? On the other hand, neither am I on relief.
Dad handed over fifty dollars and said the rest would be paid nextday.
In the living-room AuntIrene took off her hat and coat, patted her hair and put her armaround Jane.
How could two people like mother and dad hateeach other? The song the sea-wind was singing was music native to herears.
The other little room would do you for astudy.
Terrible waves of loneliness went over her.
Its been a pleasure, said Mrs Stanley, politely anduntruthfully. Her eyes were wide with dismay but her voice was cool and quiet asshe said good-bye. It doesntseem as if there could ever be another so happy. It was not so easy to find the old Jones house.
There was something friendly about the room. I just cant bear to have this day go, said Jane. This Jane person, dad remarked to the ceiling, knows heronions. Breakfast was the first ordeal and Jane was no hungrier than shehad been the night before. She feltthat she had known dad for years.
She would not talk about that secret bitternessto Aunt Irene. That he could buy all this loveliness for four hundreddollars was enough luck.
Morning comes at last, be the night ever so long. It was allwrong that mother had asked her not to speak of her to him. We take the car ferry there across to the Island, Mrs Stanleyexplained. In the living-room AuntIrene took off her hat and coat, patted her hair and put her armaround Jane. The door opened and Aunt Irene came in, in her nightdress.