axiom-math

[Axiom-math] Decomposition of rationnal fractions

From: Nicolas FRANCOIS
Subject: [Axiom-math] Decomposition of rationnal fractions
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 02:25:28 +0200

Hi.

Is there any way to obtain the decomposition in simple elements (don't
know exactly how to say this in english) of a fraction of the form :

          1
  -------------------
  (1-X)(1-X^2)(1-X^5)

(to obtain its formal series equivalent \sum a_nX^n, a_n being the
number of ways to pay n€ using 1, 2 and 5€ corners (no, there
is no such thing as a 5€ corner, but there's a 5€ banknote !)).

I'd like to obtain the C-decomposition, what do I have to do ?

More precisely : is there a way to force the use of an extension of
Q(X), by adding roots like exp(2*I*PI/5) or sqrt(2) ?

\bye

PS : clearly I'm not very good at using Axiom documentation !

--

Nicolas FRANCOIS                      |  /\
http://nicolas.francois.free.fr       | |__|