Re: [Axiom-mail] A problem with the "resultant" function

From: Gabriel Pires
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] A problem with the "resultant" function
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 12:43:28 -0300

Hello Ralf,

thank you for your answer, it seems to work now!

But what I was trying to achieve, and I'm sorry for not making myself clear, was to find 2 polynomials such that the resultant between them was a prime number.

It makes a lot of sense to need a Symbol to evaluate the resultant, but I didn't quite thought of it because sometimes, the input that I send does work. It was quite confusing for me.

Anyway, thanks again!

Best regards,