Re: [Axiom-mail] recent versions

From: Tim Daly
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] recent versions
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 20:38:35 -0500

Alejandro Jakubi wrote:
The download page (http://axiom-developer.org/axiom-website/download.html) has links for downloading Axiom versions up to May 2009. Where are the more recent versions?

Regards, Alejandro Jakubi

I did not create them. I will put it on the list to do.
You would be amazed how little time there is between releases
if you do them every 2 months.

The effort has been mostly removing boot and converging the
interpreter into book volume 5. This doesn't change the user
functionality (although I've introduced )debug and )describe).
From my point of view the effort is continuous but I have
committed to time-boxed Axiom releases every 2 months.

There is a long thread (pre-fork) about the importance of doing
time-boxed releases every 2 months.

Tim