Re: [Axiom-mail] Exponential Integral (UNCLASSIFIED)

From: Tim Daly
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] Exponential Integral (UNCLASSIFIED)
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 20:42:30 -0400

Steven,

I found your paper when I was looking for good fit values for E1(x).
I'd be happy to get your newer fit numbers.
I'll rewrite the Axiom code to use them.

Tim Daly
Axiom Lead Developer

Segletes, Steven (Civ,ARL/WMRD) wrote:

Classification: _* UNCLASSIFIED*_
Caveats: NONE
I was tickled to find mention of my exponential integral (E1(x)) fitting algorithm at _http://www.axiom-developer.org/axiom-website/patches/20080119.01.tpd.patch_ . As noted there, the accuracy of my published fit is only 4 decimal places. Years ago, I extended that original fit to greater precision (with more parameters of course), if it is of use to anyone, though I have not published the extensions. I do not subscribe to your maillist, but am happy to provide the fits, should you provide your request to me at address@hidden
Regards,
Steven Segletes
U.S. Army Research Laboratory
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21005-5066